Latvian Science Council (LZP) informs that On November 19, LZP adopted a decision on the project application submitted for the 2019 Fundamental and Applied Research project competition:
As a result of the competition, 47 projects were funded (representing 12% of the total number of project applications or 17% of the amount requested for project applications evaluated above the quality threshold). 387 project applications were submitted for scientific evaluation.
- 16 projects of scientific institutions were funded
- EUR 13 783 347 was earmarked for projects of three years’ duration
- The breakdown of the funded projects by discipline is as follows:
- Natural Sciences – 12 (EUR 3 593 453)
- Engineering and Technology – 11 (EUR 3 288 936)
- Medical and Health Sciences – 8 (2 251 267 EUR)
- Agricultural, Forestry and Veterinary Sciences – 5 (EUR 1 378 984)
- Social Sciences – 6 (EUR 1 781 908)
- Humanities and Arts – 5 (EUR 1 488 799)
An overview of funded projects is available here (pdf) (page 10 begins with list of funded projects).
The list of funded projects can also be viewed in EXCEL format here.
Please be informed that this year A more detailed overview of the funded projects and the results of the scientific evaluation will be published in December.